Monday, May 21, 2007

Jobs jobs jobs

And the job search continues...

Had a pre-interview and testing at State Farm last week, went pretty well. Will be following up later this week to hear what they think of me.

Still waiting to hear about the job at IWU's library.

Got a call today from a staff member at Eastview about a part-time administrative assistant position, but I missed the call because I (of course) have misplaced my phone. Hopefully he'll get back to me and tell me more. A part time job would be great, unless the pay is canceled out by childcare costs. But before I think about that part, I need to find out more about the job. Keeping my fingers crossed that he's flexible...

I have sent my resume to a local library and have heard nothing so far.

I also have my resume in for both an administrative assistant in a guidance counseling office at a local junior high as well as a teacher's aide at the same school.

Pretty much, I think that job searching should be considered a legitimate career. It takes skill to tweak a resume just so many ways in order to fit 500 different jobs. (I exaggerate, obviously, but still...)


Hopefully something works out.

No comments: