Monday, March 17, 2008

Health insurance!

I am (almost) officially a full-time employee at Eastview!!

I have yet to sign the contract, but I have been asked to take over for a retiring administrative assistant in the children's ministries department!

This is my first full-time job, complete with benefits. Very exciting stuff! I never thought I'd be so thrilled about medical insurance and 401k's!


I admit - I am a little nervous about how my schedule is going to look. That's a lot more time away from Jack. But I'm pretty sure that I'm still going to have Fridays off, so I'll still get my three-day weekends with him, which is more than regular full-time working moms can say.

I won't be starting until May 1st, so I'll have the rest of this month and April to enjoy my part time hours and a VACATION! before starting up.

This means that, come August, Tim will be able to reduce his State Farm hours to part-time status and dive into his seminary degree full time, which is awesome! I am so happy for him! And I will be able to start too! Just one night a week of class, which isn't bad at all!

I know we're going to be busy, but - it's worth it. We're going to be busy pursuing our passions, so it's all good.

Now I'm just ready to get started... I hate waiting!

2 comments:

Anne said...

Congratulations Lisa! That's exciting! Is Madelyn (sp?) retiring?

Lisa said...

Yep! After more than 40 years at Eastview, she'll be retiring at the end of May. I've got some big shoes to fill for sure!